Thursday, February 17, 2011

Could I Possibly be Charming?

Sardonic, yes, but charming?

I just some how charmed myself into a new id card without having to pay. I put no effort into this - in fact, I put counter effort: when told that I could not simply reactivate an id card I thought I had lost, but found, my response was "really? That's ridiculous."

Presto. New card free.

New card did not work to take out library books. Gentleman at the counter typed in my id number, and with a sly wink said "It's due back in 3 hour in theory, but I've never seen you before" [insert elaborate shifty eyes].

I am more apt to believe there is some serendipitous witchcraft aiding me today as I endeavour to work my way through an epic list of chores of everything from finish a book summary to get my sunglasses fixed to pack and clean my apartment. Most exciting task? Pick up package, which I suspect contains my long awaited internet-order jeans!

No comments:

Post a Comment