Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sartorial Distractions

I have been utterly caught up reading fashion blogs, as of late. I think I could spend hours looking through archives of fashionable, put together people, wearing the latest trends and innovative classics. They fill my mind with longing for weather that would allow me to wear something other than skinny jeans and snow boots.

They remind me how wearing a great outfit changes your day. It makes you feel ambitious and proud. What does one aspire to when they wear a t shirt and sweatpants? I can tell you, from very intimate acquaintance with such a state, the answer is "very little."

So, thus inspired, though without deft camera nor photographer, I took it upon myself to don something I could be proud of and, as the weather leaves me snuggling inside with peppermint tea and books, I will share the ensemble with you.




Turtleneck, Theory | Button-up, Clothing Swap (thanks Kathy) | Vest, Elie Tahari | Belt, Banana Republic | Wide-leg Slacks, Selfridges | Kilt Pin, Raphaelle Bijoux
The kilt pin was a recent acquisition, which I am rather proud of. A little shop on St Viateur, just off St Laurent, where I also picked up these delights:


2 comments:

  1. I particularly like that there is a naked etching of yourself behind you in the first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. Oh my goodness! I just realized that I am fashionable by proxy! yeah!

    ReplyDelete