Monday, October 4, 2010

Dragging Things Together

Things are finally start to come together in Montreal.

I have a thesis topic. I need to start researching, but it looks like it will be an analysis of Weimar German directors who emigrated before the Second World War to Hollywood and how the depiction of women changed according to the change in audience. I need to discover a pithier description, but right now that is kind of all I have. But, that does mean that my lack of German is no longer an issue, and that I have some new ground to research.

I played in the B Team's game yesterday - they were scant for subs - and I don't know if it was because the pressure was off, or just because the overall level of skill allowed me to rise above, but it was the first game in a while where I was actually very happy with my performance. It has me excited to meet Ottawa again this Thursday.

My apartment is clean, I have been reunited with my cell phone, I have been getting my ass to yoga and, though I have certainly sabotaged myself by making some delicious peanut butter oatmeal cookies, I have been eating quite healthy as of late.

Life isn't so bad kids.


Since I am feeling magnanimous, here is my recipe for peanut butter oatmeal cookies

I have a very reflective desk...
ingredients:

1 cup salted butter
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/5 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cup quick cooking oats
a bag of dark, bittersweet chocolate chips

directions:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, a la every baking recipe known to man
2. Cream together butter and sugar. Once done, add peanut butter and vanilla extract (you could, in theory, cream all of these ingredients together at the same time, but since I use crunchy peanut butter and do not own a hand mixer - I know, I know - I find it easiest to cream the butter and sugar first). Then add the eggs one at a time, mixing well (obviously...)
3. Add flour, baking soda and salt, and mix it up. Once mixed, add remaining ingredients.
4. Cook for about 10 minutes each batch on an ungreased baking sheet.
5. Eat inappropriate amounts of dough, making yourself too sick to actually eat the finished product.
Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment