Friday, October 8, 2010

Gobble Gobble Surprise

I owned three of these plastic faced gremlins
Remember Kitty Surprise? Those stuffed cats that had a velcro pouch in their tummies full of smaller, poorly constructed kittens, and you never knew if you would get 2 or 4! What a manufacturing scam - how many people actually got 4 kittens? And furthermore, how misleading! I believe that the birthing process is not so simple as velcroing open and closed a pouch.

I mean, maybe for marsupials - I'm no biologist.



Anyhow, not the point of the post.

Point: I am surprising my best friend Orry this weekend with a Thanksgiving visit!

I feel rather grown up about the whole thing actually. I have only had the pleasure of meeting my best friend's boyfriend once, but he tracked me down on facebook and he and I have been covertly messaging back and forth trying to plan a surprise visit for Orry. This weekend is it.

Of course, this did not go off without a hitch. Tony, the boyfriend, wanted to cheer Orry up (though I also have my suspicions that alcohol was involved) and let spill the plans for my visit. Then, regretting his decision, and wanting to make it all a surprise again, asked me to "cancel." What an asshole I look like.

But as far as I am aware, surprise is on. I take a 5:00 train to Toronto tonight. I can't wait a) to see Orry, b) for a bit of a break from rugby and school, and c) to gorge myself on turkey until it is just unsightly. Like, gnawing on bones with stuffing in my hair unsightly. Can't. Wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment