Monday, October 11, 2010

Thankful For

I have returned from my Toronto escapades. A beautifully photographed Thanksgiving post is pending, and not pending like those photos of my apartment which have been pending for months, I promise.


For now I will awkwardly formulate my weekend's revelations in the forms of things I am thankful for.

I am thankful to have realized and come to terms with my body's inability to recover from binge drinking.

I am thankful to have friends whose lifestyles are so worthy of emulating; I am inspired to be tidier, healthier and more intellectually active.

I am thankful for canned pie filler.

I am thankful for gay men - may they rule the world.

I am thankful for friends who serve as family.

I am thankful for my family instilling a sense of prudence and bravery in me, lest our Thanksgiving turkey have been cooked with neck and giblets in.

I am thankful I was not home to witness, and therefor euthanize, my cat when she broke my candle holders.

No comments:

Post a Comment