Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Dream Phone Date, epilogue

So the debate over whether the invite to dinner last week was a date or not has been settled. It was actually pretty obvious that night that the Boy from Class was just extending a friendly invite. But as of 3 minutes ago, Boy from Class' intentions became clear.
While I was over, he made this whole thing about taking some vitamins with dinner. His brother made fun of him and everything. I mentioned that I just started taking supplements again because I chose not to risk any sort of contamination that could result from taking vitamins and get me in trouble if we got drug tested. Whatever. Small talk bullshit that you make with people you don't really know.

Well, he sent me an e-mail a couple days later, sending me some information about the brand he uses, which he swears by.

I thought this was weird, but when I mentioned it to my gym buddy, she thought it was sweet that he had thought about me and made the effort to get in touch again. So, I politely e-mailed him back thanking him for dinner and the information, which I did not look at, teased him for being a good salesman and asked him where one could even buy the stuff.

Oh. That was the point.

He sells the shit.

So, while I had been thinking that, at the least I had been making friends with someone and at the most went on a date with a very socially awkward, shy individual, I had not even considered that I had been singled out because of my small talk about rugby and my knee injury as someone who might be interested in becoming a "personal client" of a supplement company's sales associate.

My love life has just hit bottom.

I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment