Sunday, January 2, 2011

Hello Future

I have been very absent as of late. Living life / hiding in shame after failing to provide you with a 12th day of Christmas present. I'm sorry about this - New Year's Resolution: time management.

So I just returned from my cabin where I spent my New Years with my friends Adam and Kirstin. It was very low key. And retro, in fact. A tribute to the past as we move into the FUTURE.

It was spent playing Trivial Pursuit and watching Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me. No. Really.


In fact, while trying to get the Austin Powers VHS (yes, VHS) to play, we were experiencing mechanical difficulties. While Adam and Kirstin tried to sort out the wiring, I, well I could claim I was doing something useful, but I'm pretty sure I was changing into my pjs. I returned to the living room announcing:

"Well, if the VCR doesn't work, I can do a dramatic reading of either this 2001 edition of Teen magazine or R.L. Stein's Fear Street"


ALL HAIL THE FUTURE!

It was a nice weekend, and I hope it was an apt way to ring in 2011.





Thanks 2010 - you were a real doll. But,  don't call me - I'll call you.

No comments:

Post a Comment