Sunday, January 9, 2011

One Week: Resolution Recap

This year is only one nubile week old! 9 days, technically, but a week since I resolved how this brand spankin' new year would be different from the stale yesteryear of 2010.

additional resolution: become hip, smart and hilarious!
I promise I wont do weekly updates on how my resolutions are standing up for the whole year (though, would it be more relevant and poetic if I did? Do I have an "I am not Jack Kerouac label"? Read: Do I care? Answer: no. Convoluted parenthesis - concluded). But, I will check in every now and again, and the first week seems like a good time, should I have already negligently (or purposely...) neglected an element of the new woman I am making myeslf. I am simultaneously Freddie Prinze Jr. And Rachel Leigh Cook.


So, one week in, how do my resolutions stand?



2011 - Getting it Started...

1. Make Yoga a Priority. I have gone every day since I've been back in Montreal. That is four sweaty and increasingly exhausting classes. Not only that, but J.C., with whom I TAed last semester, has started going with me, so that should keep me honest on the days when I would rather nap.
2. You will be a Runner. Yeah. Not so much yet. BUT - I did pay the service fee for the McGill fitness centre so that I can use the treadmills AND I am going with my brother tomorrow. And he actually is, in theory, a runner. So it isn't entirely abysmal
3. Exercise Some Will Power. Again, not so much, but without the 'BUT.' At least on the "no dessert" kaibosh. I have eaten smaller, healthier meals for the most part, but I have eaten out a lot, what with catching up with friends. And my dad bought me a 72 chocolate box of Bernard Callebaut before I left. All I can say in my defence is that they are in my freezer, and I haven't eaten any today... Because I ate 6 yesterday...ugh...
4. Love Thy Skin. THIS has actually gone well. I have a new skin care regimen and even when I returned home from the bar at 3 am, I stuck to it! A future post will give you a sneak peak into this sophisticated regimen, so keep posted.
5. Regimen, regimen, regimen. Hey - regimen! I have used my agenda, and my handy-dandy moleskine notepads for more all-encompassing To Do lists. I haven't sat down yet and figured out exactly how my week is going to break down though. Tomorrow, perhaps...
6. TLC for my BFFs. I went for dinner with Yule tonight, though that doesn't really count under "an hour replying to e-mails," granted. I did, however, make a list in my agenda of people who I love and miss, and wrote the dates on which I last contacted them, and will keep this list up to date whenever I hear from them, and again when I reply. Making this list did inspire a round of catch-up e-mails with people I had been particularly neglecting. Sorry team!
7. Finish Your Thesis. Yeah...

No comments:

Post a Comment