Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Big Fat Yoga Crush

If you don't do yoga, I will probably seem like a creep, but if you do, I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talking about. A yogacrush. When you basically fall in love with a certain, or many, yoga teachers whose classes you frequent. You may remember a previous post about my yogacrush on Tracy from Moksha Yoga Halifax. These are teachers whose classes you not only love, but who make you want to practice better. You want to be the class pet, getting praise, and ample help along the way. That's the big one for me: any teacher who will give me an adjustment is immediately really high in my book, particularly if it's an awkward or hilarious adjustment (a couple of days ago Hannah at Moksha Yoga Monteal aggressively grabbed my hips, straightened them, and began to help stretch my hamstring, for instance).

Well I have a new one. I am big time in love with Annie from Moksha Montreal. She is so charming, willing to make fun of the class and play while still respecting the spiritual renewal it can provide. And yes, she gives ample shout outs ("this is beautiful!") and is not afraid to touch your sweaty, twisted body. And she has the most adorable French Canadian accent to boot.

Today she came up to me and apologized "I'm sorry, I've forgotten your name," and after I reminded her, she said "Sydney, you've had an absolutely beautiful practice today. Amazing."

flutter flutter flutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment