Thursday, August 11, 2011

Luckiest Girl in The World

Hey team. So, I'm feeling pretty blissful right now, obnoxious summer cold be damned.

Firstly, my amazing friend Kathy came to visit me up in Funtreal this past weekend. Kathy has basically inspired me to be a lawyer. She isn't one, but she's workin' on it. We will start a kickass law firm and battle evil foes and injustice together. And make some mad coin. But Kathy has transcended her place as eternal inspiration as the pinnacle of all things scholarly, which she has been ever since my third year, when we actually started to get to know each other (though we were both petrified of the other - I, because Kathy was so clearly staggeringly brilliant, and Kathy because I was so clearly aggressive and without tact/sympathy). Kathy also has been getting in AMAZING shape. Her bod is like whoa. Like. Whoa. We had lots of great talks about body image, weight loss, fitness and the like, but I think that deserves a post of it's own. She's a really insightful young lady that one. And I love her lots and lots.

In addition to this, I am bringing my tenure in Montreal to a bittersweet close. It seems that right when you're about to leave a place is when you feel least able to. I have already voiced the frustration of moving on this blog a year ago when I moved from Halifax to Montreal. I had a great community of friends, a manfriend interest, a trivia night and an esthetician and I was not excited to reestablish those things in a new city. And it really was hard: I find it interesting that most of my friends comment on how hard this year was for me. And it was. I just don't find myself thinking of it in that way I guess. But now, in the sunshine and the freedom of school-less unemployment, and a growing network of wonderful people who I didn't get to know well enough when I had the chance, I love Montreal and am sad to say goodbye. I have just in this past month met so many phenomenal people, one of which is a boy who I really like for the first time in what feels like a very long time, and it just seems like a cruel joke that I am leaving in a mere eleven days.

So this post is somewhat bittersweet, because as I acknowledge all of the wonderful things that I do have here in Montreal, or joyously near Montreal, waiting and willing to visit my sorry ass, I also know I'm leaving them soon. It weighs very heavy on my heart and I find myself always wanting to release a heavy sigh. I wonder what a life without transience would be like...

No comments:

Post a Comment