Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Running and Cancer are Two of My Least Favourite Things

So oddly enough, I am using the former against the latter.

That's right kiddies - I have done it, I am registered to Run For the Cure. A 5k run on October 2nd.

This gives me one, that's right, a single, read it, one month to a) learn to run 5 kilometers and b) raise some money for cancer research.

So I am shamelessly going to use this platform here to help me with the latter. And probably the former. But right now, at this instant, the latter. I am trying to raise at least 150$, which is an amount I have spent on shoes. Nay, shirts. Nay, skin care products. So really, if every single lovely person who reads these words donated 5 meagre dineros to the cause, I think it is totally doable. Yeah? I may be overestimating this blog's popularity a touch, but seriously, think about the last time you spent 5$. Did those 5$ righteously kick cancer's inconsiderate, life-ruining, nauseating, puppy-stomping, generally-surly ass? Unlikely. So how about the next 5? Or 10? Come on big spender! If I know you, I'll buy you a coffee. Or sign a photo of myself collapsed just shy of the finish line and mail it to your place of residence.

You get the satisfaction of knowing your righted your karmic imbalance and also ensured that I am obligated to run fivefuckingkilometers. How could you resist? Seriously? You can't. So you had better donate on my snazzy website here and feel like a fucking rockstar.

No comments:

Post a Comment