Thursday, March 31, 2011

10 days down, 20 to go!

I am already 1/3rd of the way through my self-imposed 30 day yoga challenge. It has been phenomenal. I had my friend Claire coming with me this past week almost everyday, so it has been dead easy to get to classes. It was her first time at the studio, so she had a week unlimited pass - alas, now that it's up, she can't afford the, admittedly pricey, studio fee for an unlimited pass, so she will be coming only once a week or so.

I must say though, she has started a dangerous, yet charming and irresistibly bourgeois, habit in me. Because Claire, rather obnoxiously, decided to go out and get a real job after university, she found it easiest for her to go to the 7 am classes and then head to work afterwards. My flexible student's schedule couldn't deny her this.So I have been getting my butt out of bed at 6:00 am, grabbing a bit of breakfast (a careful balancing act, eating enough to keep from passing out, but not so much that you are even mildly aware of it while in Floor Bow Pose, lest I vomit on my mat). I find it really satisfying actually, to be up that early - it leaves me able to blog in the morning before I head to the library, almost entirely guilt free. Anyhow, after yoga, we adopted the habit of stopping in at an amazing little European food shop, with fabulous cheeses, deli meats, condiments aplenty, all varieties of chocolate, as well as an amazing food counter; it was at the last the we would grab small capuccinos and croissants. We would walk them over to my apartment, polish them off, and head towards campus together.

So, basically, every morning that I do yoga, I also drink a full fat cappuccino and have a fabulously buttery croissant. So much for fitness and will power.

On a healthier note, I plan on making Giada De Laurentiis' Pasta Ponza as part of Chopper and I's long delayed culinary throw down. WEll, we are both back at it, and as it gets nicer out and I begin craving more fruits and veggies to fuel my increasingly active body, I thought that this light and simple pasta dish would be a good try. I have only had it in cold leftover form before, but the flavours are so simple, I can't imagine how you could go wrong. I hope that Chopper enjoys it - he really needs some extra TLC these days; vicious haters are trying to get him down. I am sure he will persevere though - the man is of hearty, albeit vegetarian, stock.

Wish I was going to the King's Athletic Awards "Banquet" tomorrow night instead of McGill's Athletics Gala tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment