Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Let's Get this Fitness Train a' Runnin'

Do trains run? No, they roll, but "rolling" and "fitness" just don't seem like complimentary images: I'm working out to avoid becoming a shape for which the easiest movement is rolling! [Read: sphere]

So I had my first spinning date with Yule. I have been very resistant to spinning ever since I saw an episode of Gilmore Girls where they find themselves appallingly the guests of a mother-daughter duo who insist on morning spin classes. Lorelai and Rory escape before they can be indoctrinated. Much hilarity and paranoia regarding the utter lameness of spinning ensue. This initial and, granted, irrational fear of spinning was soon overcome to the point that I sat on a spin bike. Then my reasons for not spinning became slightly better grounded. Spin bikes were designed by either a) individuals with a poor grasp of human anatomy or b) sexual sadists. Call Christopher Meloni and Mariska Hargitay!

But. But. I have heard they will make my legs sexy, and after my embarrassing appearance on the rugby pitch in Truro, I figured I could use a new challenge to keep me motivated at the gym.

So, Yule and I are now doing 3 gym dates a week! Spinning and weights included.

In addition to this, I have taken it upon myself to commit myself to a 30-day yoga challenge. I had been wanting to do a 30 day challenge all semester, and was just waiting for the studio to announce when it would be. Well they just announced: April 15-March14. I plan on being in California as of March 6th, and a yoga challenge isn't really a good enough reason to delay my departure. Rather than sacrifice the challenge, however, I am just going to go ahead and do it myself. Today is day 3/30. My goal is to make it consecutive this time around!

So, to recap, I am now doing a 30 Day Yoga Challenge, Gym date 3 days a week, and, with any luck, outdoor runs on the weekend with my baby bro.

Bring it on summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment