Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Way Back Play Back

Anyone who knows me personally knows that, particularly in recent years,  am fascinated with the past. And no, I do not mean a sort of academic, historical curiosity. I mean that I like to dwell on my own childhood and burst out with exclamations of "Hey! You guys remember _____? MAN! That shit was AWESOME!"

Ever since my trip to Thailand in 2009, where a girl presented the drinking game category "things from your childhood that no longer exists" I have been obsessed.

Time to channel that obsession in what I hope will become a series of posts which will steal the title of retro radio playlists the world round, Way Back Play Back.

First entry:



Motherfucking Popples. I tried to remind my brother of this cartoon from our childhood recently, and he looked at me like I was a crazy person, but I knew - KNEW - that we had not only rented Blockbuster VHSs featuring these guys, but that I owned "some fluffy technicolour alien that folded up into a little ball." Nope, maintained Cam; I was crazy. I couldn't remember the name until my favourite investigative website referenced Popples briefly in this magnificent video segment.

Popples. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment