Saturday, March 19, 2011

Spring?

The upside of spend 6 days away from Montreal binge drinking and "playing rugby" is that I gave Montreal the chance to drag its shit together and get nice out. As I complained so much last month, the back and forth mood swings of above zero Saturdays followed by 5 cm of snowfall Sundays was really getting me down. But, since I've been back, we appear to be hovering nicely around zero, and the snow and ice has, at the very least, receded from the sidewalks, making my footwear options much more appealing.

Unfortunately, the downside of binge drinking for 6 days is that I am really behind in work. So, alas, while I would love to regal you with all my spring fashion must-haves - think Proenza-Schouler everything - I haven't the time to search the internet and cross-reference with my growing stack of Vogues and Nylons. So instead, I thought I would present, for your approval, how Sydney circa 1995 would spend her first days of Spring.

this may be cheating, as Ring-pops most definitely do still exist. Will you marry me?

I would definitely be out on my street with my neighbours, playing Skip-it on the gravel-covered roads (as the city of Calgary is cautious to declare spring and clean the streets any time before July). I was not good a Skip-it, but I definitely owned a bubblegum pink one, for which I never figured out how to use the counter.

If I was lucky enough, I would also have a Ring-Pop, but those treats were usually reserved for when we went down to our cabin in Waterton and visited Welch's Chocolate Shoppe.


All I want to do is eat candy and go swimming in the lake. Go away thesis.

No comments:

Post a Comment