Thursday, March 10, 2011

Last Leg of Unsanctioned Four Week Vacation

So today Kathy departs for Fredericton while I prepare my giddy ass for a week-long visit to Halifax.

You, Kathy! I like you!
It was awesome having Kathy here. I miss the feeling of always having a close friend so close at hand. Not to hate on my Montreal friends, because they rock, but we all just always have so much of our own stuff going on. What can I say? I'm very co-dependent.



So, getting to have one of my absolute besties nesting with me in Montreal for five days, getting to meet her boyfriend, go shopping and become obsessed with Criminal Minds has been an absolute treat. Not to mention I have been missing her like fucking crazy.

Now I am in the airport, about to fly out to Halifax. And I am so freaking excited. Truro Sevens Rugby tournament is my rugby event of the year. I can't imagine my year without it; I seriously start looking forward to it once the fall season is over, and basically all of first semester for the past 5 years has been devoted to prepping for it. Less this year. Shamefully less. Not looking forward to that first godawful hit. But I am looking forward to seeing all my Halifax peeps who I love and miss. Chopper is picking me up at the airport (in exchange for me not mocking his PT Cruiser...this is a huge sacrifice on my part), I'm staying at Genny's and then...the BARN! Brace yourselves. Shit is about to get all kinds of real.


On a completely related note: I have done no work in 4 weeks.

Thesis, shmesis.

No comments:

Post a Comment